Looking back at my last year resolutions, my “realistic new year’s resolution”… It was a joke. Let’s be honest, I didn’t do any of it. Ok, just one out of six which does not qualify as accomplished. This year, I plan to accomplish that list and this time I’m serious but with some minor changes. I may not be able to snowboard. Long story. January firs feels like a reset button all of a sudden everything is new and different.
My plan for 2014
- Travel to Europe and California or anywhere out of the US
- Finish several books (and I mean more than one)
- Take more pictures (I always regret not taking more)
- Take more care of my finances (I majored in Finance for god’s sake. I should be able to do this!)
- I really want to blog more often but one, I have no time and two, I want to be able to post beautiful pictures but that’s not always possible so I skip it.
I am planning to go to Spain and France again. One of my friends is doing her MBA in Paris and she invited me to join her. I also have other friends there and one of them is a very popular hair stylist. And by popular I mean he does fashion shows for Dior, and other famous designers. He has offered to show me around which I’m very excited because he knows a lot of people and I love traveling like a local. I was sold when he said underground. So keep posted for more of this…
A few weeks ago, I bought a few books even though I have so many books I haven’t read. I had to go to my parents’ house to pick up a few of them (since I have my mini library there. My place is too small for a mini library) and bring them to my place so I wouldn’t feel so bad.
Current book I’m reading: A Hologram for the King by Dave Eggers (I’m already half way through!)
I had high expectation for this book but it was such a let down. I’m reading it so it won’t go to waste. It is ok I had worse. According to The Telegraph:
“A Beckettian masterpiece. . . . The finest work to date from an influential figure in American letters.” –The Telegraph (UK)
I trusted you Telegraph UK! I really trusted you.
Books I just got:
- Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I just found a list of books to read for 2014 which I’m excited. They all seemed very good. That will be on another post…